The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That ground-water cascade is the flow of ground water over a subsurface barrier .?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- Influence of the f low rate on dissolution and precipitation features during percolation of CO 2 - rich sulfate solutions through fractured limestone samples , Garcia – Rios, Maria; Luquot, Linda; Soler, Josep M.; Cama, Jordi , 2015,
- From soil to cave: Transport of trace metals by natural organic matter in karst dripwaters, Hartland A., Fairchild I.J., Lead J.R., Borsato A., Baker A., Frisia S., Baalousha M., 2012,
- Tracing the sources of cave sulfates: a unique case from Cerna Valley, Romania, Onac, Bogdan P.; Wynn, Jonathan G.; Sumrall, Jonathan B., 2011, Elsevier
- Sulfur isotopic composition and the source of dissolved sulfur species in thermo-mineral springs of the Cerna Valley, Romania, Wynn, Jonathan G.; Sumrall, Jonathan B.; Onac, Bogdan P., 2010, Elsevier
- The hydrochemical response of cave drip waters to sub-annual and inter-annual climate variability, Wombeyan Caves, SE Australia, McDonald Janece ; Drysdale Russell; Hill David; Chisari Robert; Won Henri, 2007,
- Climate influence on geochemistry parameters of waters from Santana?Pérolas cave system, Brazil, Karmann Ivo; Cruz Francisco W. Jr.; Viana Oduvaldo Jr.; Burnsb Stephen J., 2007,
- Chemistry of percolation and base-flow water in the Carso/Kras, Enrico Merlak, Clarissa Brun, Fabio Gemiti, Rino Semeraro, 2007,
- Rapid trace element analysis of speleothems by ELA-ICP-MS, Desmarchelier JM;Hellstrom JC;McCulloch MT;, 2006,
- Reactive transport modeling and hydrothermal karst genesis: The example of the Rocabruna barite deposit (Eastern Pyrenees), Corbella M;Ayora C;Cardellach E;Soler A;, 2006,
- Speleothem organic matter content imaging. The use of a Fluorescence Index to characterise the maximum emission wavelength, Perrette,Y.;Delannoy,J.J.;Desmet,M.;Lignier,V.;Destombes,J.L.;, 2005,
- 'Sour gas' hydrothermal jarosite: ancient to modem acid-sulfate mineralization in the southern Rio Grande Rift, Lueth,V.W.;Rye,R.O.;Peters,L.;, 2005,
- Stable isotope study of cave percolation waters in subtropical Brazil: Implications for paleoclimate inferences from speleothems, Cruz FW;Karmann I;Viana O;Burns SJ;Ferrari JA;Vuille M;Sial AN;Moreira MZ;, 2005,
- Cryogenic cave calcite from several Central European caves: age, carbon and oxygen isotopes and a genetic model, Zak,Karel;Urban,Jan;Cilek,Vaclav;Hercman,Helena;, 2004,
- Geochemistry of red residua underlying dolomites in karst terrains of Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau II. The mobility of rare earth elements during weathering, Ji,H.B.;Wang,S.J.;Ouyang,Z.Y.;Zhang,S.;Sun,C.X.;Liu,X.M.;Zhou,D.Q.;, 2004,
- High spatial resolution ?18O profile of a speleothem using an ion-microprobe., Kolodny Y.; Bar-Matthews M.; Ayalon A.; McKeegan K.D., 2003,
- Carbon isotope exchange rate of DIC in karst groundwater, Gonfiantini,R.;Zuppi,G.M.;, 2003,
- Origin, evolution and residence time of saline thermal fluids (Balaruc springs, southern France): implications for fluid transfer across the continental shelf, Aquilina L., Ladouche B., Doerfliger, N.; Seidel, J.L.; Bakalowicz, M.; Dupuy, C.; Le Strat, P., 2002,
- Pitfalls in the determination of empirical dissolution rate equations of minerals from experimental data and a way out: an iterative procedure to find valid rate equations, applied to Ca-carbonates an, Jeschke,A.A.;Dreybrodt,W.;, 2002,
- Fossil water in large stalagmite voids as a tool for paleoprecipitation stable isotope composition reconstitution and paleotemperature calculation., Genty D.; Plagnes V.; Causse C. et al., 2002,
- Origin, evolution and residence time of saline thermal fluids (Balaruc springs, southern France): implications for fluid transfer across the continental shelf, Aquilina L;Ladouche B;Doerfliger N;Seidel JL;Bakalowicz M;Dupuy C;Le Strat P;, 2002,
- Determination of the sources of nitrate contamination in karst springs using isotopic and chemical indicators, Panno,S.V.;Hackley,K.C.;Hwang,H.H.;Kelly,W.R.;, 2001,
- Exchange of water between conduits and matrix in the Floridan aquifer, Martin,J.B.;Dean,R.W.;, 2001,
- A four-component mixing model for water in a karst terrain in south-central Indiana, USA. Using solute concentration and stable isotopes as tracers, Lee,E.S.;Krothe,N.C.;, 2001,
- Timescales for nitrate contamination of spring waters, northern Florida, USA, Katz,B.G.;Bohlke,J.K.;Hornsby,H.D.;, 2001,
- Timescales for nitrate contamination of spring waters, northern Florida, USA., Katz B.G.; Bohlke J.K.; Hornsby H.D., 2001,
- Seasonal variations in Sr, Mg and P in modern speleothems (Grotta di Ernesto, Italy), Huang,YiMing;Fairchild,Ian J.;Borsato,Andrea;Frisia,Silvia;Cassidy,Nigel J.;McDermott,Frank;Hawkesworth,Chris J.;, 2001,
- Seasonal variations in Sr, Mg and P in modern speleothems (Grotta di Ernesto, Italy)., Huang Y.; Fairchild I.J.; Borsato A. et al., 2001,
- Intra- and inter-annual growth rate of modern stalagmites, Genty D;Baker A;Vokal B;, 2001,
- Intra- and inter-annual growth rate of modern stalagmites., Genty D.; Baker A.; Vokal B., 2001,
- Comparative study of a stalagmite sample by stratigraphy, laser induced fluorescence spectroscopy, EPR spectrometry and reflectance imaging, Perrette,Yves;Delannoy,Jean Jacques;Bolvin,Herve;Cordonnier,Michel;Destombes,Jean Luc;Zhilinskaya,Elena A.;Aboukais,Antoine;, 2000,