The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That basin, ground-water is the area throughout which ground water drains towards the same point. it can be larger than the associated drainage basin if permeable layers extend outside of the topographical divide . in karst terranes, the groundwater basin often does not resemble the drainage basin.?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- Epikarst hydrology and implications for stalagmite capture of climate changes at Grotta di Ernesto (NE Italy): results from long-term monitoring, Miorandi, Renza; Borsato, Andrea; Frisia, Silvia; Fairchild, Ian J.; Richter, Detlev K., 2010,
- Seasonal isotopic variability of precipitation and cave drip water at Indian Oven Cave, New York, van Beynen, Philip ; Febbroriello, Peter , 2006,
- Steady- and unsteady-state lumped parameter modelling of tritium and chlorofluorocarbons transport: hypothetical analyses and application to an alpine karst aquifer, Ozyurt,N.N.;Bayari,C.S.;, 2005,
- Spatial and temporal variability of water salinity in an ephemeral, arid-zone river, central Australia, Costelloe JF;Grayson RB;McMahon TA;Argent RM;, 2005,
- Hydrochemical variations during flood pulses in the south-west China peak cluster karst: impacts of CaCO3-H2O-CO2 interactions, Liu,Z.H.;Groves,C.;Yuan,D.X.;Meiman,J.;Jiang,G.H.;He,S.Y.;Li,Q.A.;, 2004,
- The influence of hydroelectrical development on the flow regime of the karstic river Cetina, Bonacci O;Roje-Bonacci T;, 2003,
- Factors controlling the chemical evolution of travertine-depositing rivers of the Barkly karst, northern Australia, Drysdale RN;Taylor MP;Ihlenfeld C;, 2002,
- Interpretation of groundwater level monitoring results in karst aquifers: examples from the Dinaric karst, Bonacci O;Roje-Bonacci T;, 2000,
- Geochemistry of the Springfield Plateau aquifer of the Ozark Plateaus Province in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma, USA, Adamski JC;, 2000,
- Hydrological response of small watersheds following the Southern California Painted Cave Fire of June 1990, Keller,E.A.;Valentine,D.W.;Gibbs,D.R.;, 1997,
- Variations in the discharge and organic matter content of stalagmite drip waters in Lower Cave, Bristol, Baker A;Barnes WL;Smart PL;, 1997,
- Statistical evaluation of glacier boreholes as indicators of basal drainage systems, Smart,C.C.;, 1996,
- Anomalous behaviour of specific electrical conductivity at a karst spring induced by variable catchment boundaries: the case of the Podstenjšek spring, Slovenia, Ravbar, N., Engelhardt, I., Goldscheider, N., , Wiley