The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That migration is the movement of water, contaminants, or other fluids in the geologic substratum, mostly by natural causes .?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- Middle-Late Quaternary paleoclimate of northern margins of the Saharan-Arabian Desert: reconstruction from speleothems of Negev Desert, Israel, Vaks, Anton; Bar-Matthews, Miryam; Matthews, Alan; Ayalon, Avner; Frumkin, Amos, 2010, Elseiver
- Applications of stalagmite laminae to paleoclimate reconstructions: Comparison with dendrochronology/climatology, Tan,Ming;Baker,Andy;Genty,Dominique;Smith,Claire;Esper,Jan;Cai,Binggui;, 2006,
- Chronology and paleoenvironment of Marine Isotope Stage 3 from two high-elevation speleothems, Austrian Alps, Spotl,Christoph;Mangini,Augusto;Richards,David A.;, 2006,
- The co-evolution of Black Sea level and composition through the last deglaciation and its paleoclimatic significance, Major,Candace O.;Goldstein,Steven L.;Ryan,William B.F.;Lericolais,Gilles;Piotrowski,Alexander M.;Hajdas,Irka;, 2006,
- Timing and dynamics of the last deglaciation from European and North African [delta]13C stalagmite profiles--comparison with Chinese and South Hemisphere stalagmites, Genty D;Blamart D;Ghaleb B;Plagnes V;Causse C;Bakalowicz M;Zouari K;Chkir N;Hellstrom J;Wainer K;Bourges F;, 2006,
- U-Th ages constraining the Neanderthal footprint at Vartop Cave, Romania., Onac, B.P , Viehmann, I., Lundberg, J., Lauritzen, S-E., Stringer, C. and Popiţă, V., 2005,
- In situ U-series dating by laser-ablation multi-collector ICPMS: new prospects for Quaternary geochronology, Eggins S.M.; Griin R.; McCulloch M.T.; et al., 2005,
- Palaeo-climate reconstruction from stable isotope variations in speleothems: a review, McDermott, F., 2004,
- Palaeoclimate interpretation of high-resolution oxygen isotope profiles derived from annually laminated speleothems from Southern Oman., Fleitmann D.; Burns S.J.; Neff U. et al., 2004,
- Persistent millennial-scale climatic variability over the past 25,000 years in Southern Africa., Holmgren K.; Lee-Thorp J. A.; Cooper G. R. J. et al., 2003,
- Dosimetric and radiocarbon chronology of a pre-Wisconsinan mastodon fossil locality at East Milford, Nova Scotia, Canada, Godfrey-Smith,D.I.;Grist,A.M.;Stea,R.R.;, 2003,
- Quaternary calcarenite stratigraphy on Lord Howe Island, southwestern Pacific Ocean and the record of coastal carbonate deposition, Brooke BP;Woodroffe CD;Murray-Wallace CV;Heijnis H;Jones BG;, 2003,
- Ice sheets and sea level of the Last Glacial Maximum, Clark P.U.; Mix A.C., 2002,
- Meteoric phreatic speleothems and the development of cave stratigraphy: An example from Tounj Cave, Dinarides, Croatia, Babic L;Lackovic D;Horvatincic N;, 1996,
- 230Th234U and 14C dating of a late Pleistocene stalagmite in Lobatse II Cave, Botswana, Holmgren,Karin;Lauritzen,Stein Erik;Possnert,Goran;, 1994,
- Palaeoclimate determination from cave calcite deposits, Gascoyne M;, 1992,
- Palaeoclimate determination from cave calcite deposits., Gascoyne M., 1992,
- ESR dating in Quaternary geology., Hennig G.J.; Grim R., 1983,