The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That joint is 1. a break of geological origin in the continuity of a body of rock occurring either singly, or more frequently in a set or system, but not attended by a visible movement parallel to the surface of the discontinuity. 2. a junction or connection of mechanical elements such as drill pipe . see also fracture.?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- An Unsung Carbon Sink , Larson, Christina, 2011,
- U-Pb Isotopic Age of the StW 573 Hominid from Sterkfontein, South Africa, Walker,Joanne;Cliff,Robert A.;Latham,Alfred G.;, 2006,
- CLIMATE: Caving In to New Chronologies, Henderson,Gideon M.;, 2006,
- Climatic Control of Riverine and Seawater Uranium-Isotope Ratios, Robinson,Laura F.;Henderson,Gideon M.;Hall,Lisa;Matthews,Iain;, 2004,
- 14C Activity and Global Carbon Cycle Changes over the Past 50,000 Years, Hughen,K.;Lehman,S.;Southon,J.;Overpeck,J.;Marchal,O.;Herring,C.;Turnbull,J.;, 2004,
- PALEOCLIMATE: A Better Radiocarbon Clock, Bard E;Rostek F;Menot-Combes G;, 2004,
- Holocene Forcing of the Indian Monsoon Recorded in a Stalagmite from Southern Oman, Fleitmann D;Burns SJ;Mudelsee M;Neff U;Kramers J;Mangini A;Matter A;, 2003,
- CLIMATE CHANGE: Climate in Medieval Time, Bradley RS;Hughes MK;Diaz HF;, 2003,
- El Nino Events Recorded by Stalagmite Carbon Isotopes, Frappier A;Sahagian D;Gonzalez LA;Carpenter SJ;, 2002,
- Structure of the 8200-Year Cold Event Revealed by a Speleothem Trace Element Record, Baldini JUL;McDermott F;Fairchild IJ;, 2002,
- IMAGES: Spelunking for Climate Clues, , 2001,
- A High-Resolution Absolute-Dated Late Pleistocene Monsoon Record from Hulu Cave, China, Wang,Y.J.;Cheng,H.;Edwards,R.L.;An,Z.S.;Wu,J.Y.;Shen,C.C.;Dorale,J.A.;, 2001,
- Centennial-Scale Holocene Climate Variability Revealed by a High-Resolution Speleothem delta 18O Record from SW Ireland, McDermott,Frank;Mattey,David P.;Hawkesworth,Chris;, 2001,
- Sea level change through the last glacial cycle., Lambeck K.; Chappell J., 2001,
- Collapse of the California Current during glacial maxima linked to climate change on land., Hertbert T.D.; Schuffert J.D.; Andreasen D. et al., 2001,
- Extremely Large Variations of Atmospheric 14C Concentration During the Last Glacial Period, Beck JW;Richards DA;Edwards RL;Silverman BW;Smart PL;Donahue DJ;Hererra-Osterheld S;Burr GS;Calsoyas L;Jull AJT;Biddulph D;, 2001,
- Coral Record of Equatorial Sea-Surface Temperatures During the Penultimate Deglaciation at Huon Peninsula, McCulloch,Malcolm T.;Tudhope,Alexander W.;Esat,Tezer M.;Mortimer,Graham E.;Chappell,John;Pillans,Bradley;Chivas,Allan R.;Omura,Akio;, 1999,
- Cave Painting Hazard?, Guarnieri,Michael;, 1999,
- Rapid Fluctuations in Sea Level Recorded at Huon Peninsula During the Penultimate Deglaciation, Esat TM;McCulloch MT;Chappell J;Pillans B;Omura A;, 1999,
- Determining the Age of What Is Not There, Sasowsky,Ira D.;, 1998,
- CAVE FORMATION: Enhanced: Determining the Age of What Is Not There, Sasowsky,Ira D.;, 1998,
- Determining the Age of What Is Not There., Sasowsky I. D., 1998,
- Age and Origin of Carlsbad Cavern and Related Caves from 40Ar/39Ar of Alunite, Polyak,Victor J.;McIntosh,William C.;ven,Necip;Provencio,Paula;, 1998,
- Age and Origin of Carlsbad Cavern and Related Caves from 40Ar/39Ar of Alunite., Polyak V.J.;McIntosh W.C.;Given N.;Provencio P., 1998,
- Climate and Vegetation History of the Midcontinent from 75 to 25 ka: A Speleothem Record from Crevice Cave, Missouri, USA, Dorale JA;Edwards RL;Ito E;lez LA;, 1998,
- Climate and vegetation history of the mid-continent from 75 to 25 ka: a speleothem record from Crevice Cave, Missouri, USA, Dorale J.A.; Edwards R.L.; Ito E.; Gonzalez L.A., 1998,
- Protactinium-231 Dating of Carbonates by Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry: Implications for Quaternary Climate Change, Edwards RL;Cheng H;Murrell MT;Goldstein SJ;, 1997,
- Cave Structure Boosts Neandertal Image, Balter M;, 1996,
- Masters and Slaves in an Iron Age Cave?, Balter M;, 1995,
- 500,000 year stable carbon isotopic record from Devils Hole, Nevada, Coplen T.B.; Winograd I.J.; Landwehr J.M.; Riggs A.C., 1994,