The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That aisle is an elongated high narrow traversable passage in a cave . see also crawl, crawlway; corridor; passage. synonyms: (french.) aisle, aile; (german.) kluft; (greek.) farangothes ipoyios thiavasis; (russian.) hod; (spanish.) laminador vertical; (turkish.) dar gecit; (yugoslavian.) nisa.?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- Tectonic control of cave development: a case study of the Bystra Valley in the Tatra Mts., Szczygieł Jacek; Gaidzik Krzysztof; Kicińska Ditta, 2015,
- TECTONIC CONTROL OF CAVE DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY OF THE BYSTRA VALLEY IN THE TATRA MTS., POLAND, SZCZYGIE£, Jacek; GAIDZIK, Krzysztof; KICIÑSKA, Ditta, 2015,
- Origin of the palaeokarst in Miocene evaporites on the SW periphery of the Eastern European Platform in the light of palynological studies – a case study of the Zoloushka Cave, Bukovina, Western Ukraine, Andreychouk, V.; Worobiec, E.; Gedl, P.; Worobiec, G., 2014,
- Artesian origin of a cave developed in an isolated horst: a case pf Smocza Jama (Kraków Upland, Poland), Gradziñski, Michal; Motyka, Jacek; Górny, Andrzej, 2009,
- Morphology of Czarna Cave and its significance for geomorphic evolution of the Kościeliska Valley (Western Tatra Mts.), Gradziński Michał; Kicińska Ditta, 2002,